Russia Highlights - New Year
Russia Highlights – New Year
Experience the festive spirit – and spirited festivities – of the Russian New Year on this special Russian Highlights adventure. See Moscow’s famous Red Square and St Basil’s Cathedral under a layer of snow and vodka-toast the old year out with a Russian family, then toast the New Year in with champagne. See the glittering treasures of the Armoury Museum, visit the Russian Santa’s residence in Veliky Ustyug and be shown the sights of grand St Petersburg. This small group trip offers an unparalleled opportunity to witness Russia during this special time of the year.
- Moscow – Red Square & Lenin’s Mausoleum
- Moscow – Kremlin & Armoury Guided Tour
- Suzdal – Guided walking tour
- Yaroslavl – Walking Tour
- Velikiy Ustyug – Kuznetsovo village visit & lunch
- St Petersburg – Tea party with local family
- Spend the festive season surrounded by the delights of a Russian winter wonderland. Here’s some reasons why Russia is a fantastic place to ring in the new year: https://www.intrepidtravel.com/adventures/russia-new-year/
- Uncover winter legends in the picturesque town of Velikiy Ustyug, home to the Russian Santa Claus Ded Moroz (Father Frost).
- Experience the history and traditions of the Russian orthodox faith at this important celebratory time of year.
- Share in unique customs with locals on an overnight homestay in Suzdal. Lend a hand with a traditional feast and ring in the New Year with your hosts.
Yaroslavl - Overnight train
Kuznetsovo - Velikiy Ustyug - Overnight train
Train - St Petersburg